top of page

Inter B 1-5 Moldova FC: Shambolic Second Half Performance Puts Dent in Promotion Hopes

‘35 ⚽️ 0-1 Moldova FC

‘46 ⚽️ 1-1 Own goal, Misha Marianoff assist

‘58 ⚽️ 1-2 Moldova FC

‘68 ⚽️ 1-3 Moldova FC

‘73 ⚽️ 1-4 Moldova FC

‘90 ⚽️ 1-5 Moldova FC

Top row (from left to right): Guile Meyer, Uriel Benita, Alan Kaler, Mor Levi, Matt Keston, Kevin Packer, Nic von Caprivi, Gabriel Bruck and Sam Sank.

Bottom row (from left to right): Misha Marianoff, Zeqi Lubocki, David Hovav, Daniel Geron, Nico Milieris, Wendy, Max Russell, Zack Shooter and Josh Fischbach.

After beating the IFLI Division 2 leaders last week, Inter B faced off against another team competing at the top of the league this past weekend, Moldova FC. Matt Keston's men knew that a win would propel them up the table but unfortunately, it was not to be.

Playing at our home pitch in Jaffa, Inter B started brilliantly and within the first-minute winger Josh Fischbach dribbled past a couple of Moldovan defenders before being taken down in the box, yet somehow the referee decided against awarding the penalty.

Further chances came and went for our boys, with Daniel Geron, Zack Shooter and Fischbach all failing to really test their keeper. Amongst our confident play, the Moldovan opposition launched a long ball forward, the only tactic they really went for the entire game, which somehow fooled our defence and their striker put the ball past Mor Levi in goal.

On the brink of half time, Misha Marianoff failed to convert a one-on-one chance and we went into the break losing 1-0, prompting an irate half-time team talk from Matt Keston, who urged his men to go and win the game.

The rousing speech worked wonders and just one minute into the second half, Misha did brilliantly down the left and his rasping cross was put into the goal by a Moldovan defender to put us level.

Shortly after our equaliser, Josh Fischbach came off injured after getting clattered by a Moldovan and that seemed to turn the tide as we failed to really hit the target again.

Moldova then went on to score 4 answered goals, all of which came from criminal errors from our defence; whether it be a lack of marking at corners or avoidable fouls in the box that led to a penalty.

By the time the referee blew the final whistle, Moldova had moved into a 5-1 lead, a surprising result considering the way the two teams played football but a fair one based on our lack of clinical finishing in front of goal and horrible errors at the back.

The defeat means promotion will only be achieved if other results go our way, but more concerning for manager Keston will be the manner of the capitaultion. Let's hope we can bounce back against Combo next week!


bottom of page