top of page

Inter Blue 1-3 AJAF: Missed Chance to Go Top of the League Following Stale Performance

‘15 ⚽ 0-1 AJAF goal

’60 ⚽ 0-2 AJAF goal

'83 ⚽ 0-3 AJAF goal

'86 ⚽ 1-3 Daniel Geron goal, Misha Marianoff assist

Top row (from left to right): Sam Sank, Zequi Lubocki, Tom Printac, Uriel Benita, Ran Sarusi, Daniel Geron, Mati Yelen, Nacho Duek, Nico Grinberg and Mor Levi.

Bottom row (from left to right): Misha Marianoff, Niv Gittelman, Ehud Eblagon, Kevin Natanzon, David Hovav, Guile Meyer and Jona van der Schelde.

Saturday's return fixture against AJAF was a difficult game for Inter Blue; it was under intense heat and with many changes to our roster. In general, we struggled to find our rhythm in attack and conceded two goals from set-pieces, which made it hard for us to stay in the game.

At the start of the game, neither team was particularly dominant in possession. However, they were able to create more chances. And in the 15th minute, they were able to capitalize on a corner kick. Their player struck the ball to our second post and they headed it in the net to make it 1-0.

For the rest of the first half, we were unable to create many opportunities. Our best chance came on the 20-minute mark when Tom Printac found himself on goal but was unlucky not to put it past the keeper.

In the second half, we pressured them much higher up the pitch, which did create some trouble for them in the back. However, they were still able to create enough to get past our backline a number of times and test Mor Levi, forcing him into a particularly great save off a free-kick.

At around the 60th-minute mark though, after a combination play, their left winger found himself past our defensive line, dribbled towards our box and picked out one of their attacking players who finished the play to make it 2-0. Head Coach Zequi Lubocki said, ''I thought at this point we put our heads down and we lacked the energy to get ourselves back into the game.''

As the second half progressed, we were unable to find ways to test their keeper. And in the 83rd minute, they once again were able to score from a corner kick to make it 3-0.

Not long after that, we did manage to get a goal back after Misha Marianoff sent Daniel Geron down the right side with a great ball over the top. Daniel then dribbled inside and struck a beautiful shot that beat the keeper at the back post.

Overall, it was not a very strong performance for us. The conditions were not favourable, but we did lack rhythm going forward and at times the desire to get after it. We did end on a positive note though with Daniel's goal which did give us a lift so let's carry that energy into next week.


bottom of page