top of page

Inter Blue 2-1 South Tel Aviv: 10 Men Produce Result of the Season Following Comeback Win

‘59 ⚽️ 0-1 South Tel Aviv goal

'64 🟥 Red Card: Uriel Benita

‘67 ⚽️ 1-1 Jeremy Tenenbaum goal, Nacho Duek assist ‘72 ⚽️ 2-1 Jeremy Tenenbaum goal

Top row (from left to right): Ehud Eblagon, Alex Yassin, Thomy Alfie, Uriel Benita, Mati Yelen, Max Russell, Martin Lagman, Tom Printac, Martin Siber and Sam Sank.

Bottom row (from left to right): Yoav Greenberg, David Hovav, Nacho Duek, Kevin Natanzon, Misha Marianoff, Matias Cabuli and Ran Sarusi.

Inter Blue came off a week break from league action to take on the same team that had beaten them 9-1 the week prior, so the impetus was there to take revenge on the IFLI2's most in-form side.

Sam Sank continued to fill in for Zequi Lubocki in the dugout and brought it four new faces; handing debuts to Yoav Greenberg in goal, as well as Alex Yassin, Thomy Alfie and Jeremy Tenembaum.

Compared to a fortnight ago where we were 5-0 down at halftime against the same opposition, it was a totally different story and Inter Blue competed on every inch of the Sportek Darom pitch for the entirety of the game.

Yoav made a number of outstanding saves throughout the game and kept the scores level by halftime, while we struggled to create too much against South Tel Aviv, who had won their last 7 games.

In the second half, our opponents finally made the breakthrough and scored past Yoav after a clever move down our right-hand side. To make matter worse, Uriel Benita received a second yellow card a few minutes later to leave us with 10 men for the remaining half an hour.

Yet, here is where it all turned around and became an unforgettable night, arguably the best result in Inter Blue history. A free-kick won on the edge of the box was taken by Nacho Duek, whose effort was saved by the keeper but Jeremy Tenenbaum reacted quickest to level the scores.

Not content with holding out for a point, the 10 men of Inter Blue then incredibly took the lead thanks to another moment of brilliance from debutant Jeremy. The American playmaker scored directly from a corner, leaving both teams in disbelief at the turn of the events.

Despite going 2-1 up, Inter Blue had all the hard work still to go as South Tel Aviv pushed relentlessly to salvage a result with the remaining time to go. The referee added on 10 extra minutes but the strong backline held firm and kept the scoreline intact.

A truly remarkable result considering all the circumstances and the full-time celebrations were reflective of the effort the team put in to take home an almighty victory.


bottom of page